Friday, October 31, 2008

FAQ or my chit chat page

Thank you to everyone who is asking questions...I've had some really good ones! There are so many questions about CFAC and our first project that I decided to put together a FAQ page, but am more fond of the title "chit chat."

How did this project come about? Short answer: Families in Africa search hours everyday to find drinking water. A well will change that. Long answer: For over a year I've been planning and jotting notes about how I can put my creative talents (and those of my friends and family) to use. Awhile ago a friend of mine told me about the need for clean drinking water in Africa and how $12,000 could drill a well in an African community. That planted a seed in my brain, and as a result, Create for A Cause began.

Why water? Because it's essential to survival and if people have to spend so much time during the day searching for water, how can they possibly do anything else?

Where in Africa? There are so many areas in need of a well and so many places to choose from, I am still researching the location. I would LOVE to talk with people about possible locations.

Who will actually drill the well? Not me! HA!HA! I am in contact with a number of organizations that drill wells in Africa and am looking for the right one to work with. I promise everyone who supports CFAC, that the funds will go to the well project and not be "blindly donated."

Don't you have enough on your plate already? Absolutely! I have my lovely family (a new puppy too) and a regular job, but I still have time to create and work towards this rewarding goal with friends and family.

How can I help? Come to events, host your own parties, donate your talents or money, check the blog site often for more ideas (I have lots of them!), tell your friends.